Friday, June 6, 2014

Graduation Situation

I went to a college commencement earlier in the week and was dismayed at the amount of time and words dedicated to the teaching staff. I expect a graduation to be about the kids,for it to be their time to shine and be praised for their accomplishments,after all the staff is there to do a job and it shouldn't involve recognition each and every year when a class graduates. They had their moment when they graduated and then they entered the working world as educated adults with a job to do,not to receive a pat on the back and participation in the actual yearly commencement. Thankfully I wasn't wearing a watch but if I had to guess I would say well over half of the time was spent on the staff and it seemed to me if they needed a special acknowledgement every year for doing their job that they could have a separate one instead of commandeering an audience who had not turned out to hear about the instructors ability to do their jobs. Maybe it is just me and unwillingness to  sit in one place for a long period of time,but it wasn't what I considered an apt reward for the graduating class. I would like to take this time to congratulate all those graduating in 2014 for staying the course,job well done!

Photo: It official!!!!' Yaaaa!󾦈󾔗󾭚

No comments:

Post a Comment