Monday, June 30, 2014

Lucky

After hearing about the Nanny from hell on the news I found myself wondering about the back story,in particular how they went about hiring a woman to watch their children (ages 11,4,and 1) in exchange for room and board, a woman that they were now desperately in fear of. The answer is Craigslist,now I'm not voicing neither disapproval nor approval of Craigslist,what I am saying is that if you were going to hire someone to care for your children,presumably in your absence,that you would want to do a careful background check and contact any and all references. It is never mentioned if the family used any kind of screening process. The woman of the household stated she is frightened for her children and her property and that the nanny isn't right in the head. I am thinking she should consider her own part in the problem...after all she wouldn't be locking her fridge and waiting 4 months for the formal eviction process to rid her household of the nanny if she would have done her homework before allowing the woman into her home. My opinion is she got lucky that her children didn't disappear never to be seen or heard from again,or worse.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if I could hook this woman up with my new live in Father in Law and send them both to Florida. He's the FIL from Hell.

    ReplyDelete