Tuesday, June 10, 2014

More On Nude Events

Yesterday while I was looking for photos to add to that post I came across news of the World Naked Bike Ride which happened Sunday (June 8th). Portland has its own naked ride (11th annual) plus related events and is one of 75 cities participating in the U.S.The ride is also held in 20 other countries. Portland's event is thought to be the largest with more than 8,000 riders last year. It is held as a protest about oil dependency,cycling vulnerability and body image. Okay,I get how the oil dependency fits the protest but cycling vulnerability??? you can't get much more vulnerable than riding a bicycle naked,and did I mention comfort? I also would question the body image portion of the event as it seems to me if you are okay with riding a bike naked with 8,000 other people body image is the least of your problems,but of course that is only my opinion. If you are offended by nudity do not look at the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment