Saturday, June 7, 2014

Just a Couple of Oscars

Recently I read about a cat named Oscar who lost part of his rear legs in a combine accident and was fitted with bionic replacements. I knew when I read his story that I would eventually include him in my  blog. A few days passed and I thought it was time to share Oscar's story,but when I searched for Oscar the cat I came up with another extraordinary Oscar. The second Oscar was adopted by a New England nursing home when he was a kitten,he isn't normally a sociable cat but senses or smells (ketones given off by dying cells) when a patient is near death and climbs into bed and stays with them until the end. The odd thing about the second Oscar is I read a short story (maybe Stephen King?) about a cat that did nearly the same thing...it's almost enough to give me goosebumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment