Monday, June 29, 2015

"I Am Not a Crook"

It is time once again to examine that old oxymoron,"honest politician". Call me naive but until I read about a delegate from Virginia who submitted bogus signatures to qualify for a run for the senate,all while wearing an ankle monitor for having sex with an underage girl,I assumed that "elected officials" had to undergo background checks much like other job applicants. Much to my surprise that is not the case. The explanations are varied but the bottom line is if the people want to elect a criminal that is their right,plus it is assumed that the party they are representing will look into their background to prevent any surprises,failing that the opposing party or the media will also be on the lookout for any skeletons in the closet. Knowing how the process works certainly goes a long way to explain many of our "elected" officials.


No comments:

Post a Comment