Saturday, June 13, 2015

Mental Pause

Some folks refer to the forgetful,lost feeling that starts around middle age as a senior moment,or even a brain fart,but my name for this phenomena is mental pause. I had a confusing one the other day but in the end it was more funny than it was anything else. I read that Ronald Reagan's daughter Patti Davis had posed nude,only I read Patti Duke instead of Davis. The internal wheels started spinning wildly as I tried to digest Patti Duke being Reagan's daughter...how had I not known this before?? I nearly had myself talked into the idea when I backtracked and checked the name, finding my error. Apparently Patti (Davis,not Duke) was somewhat of a black sheep and was into drugs and other unsavory activities in her misspent youth. At age 34 she turned her life around and started seriously taking care of her body,at age 42 she posed for Playboy,a dubious honor usually reserved for women half her age. Of course by this time her father was no longer president,so it wasn't that big of a news flash. She posed nude again for "More" magazine at age 58. She reconciled with her family before her father's death.
Happier times: A Reagan family portrait from 1985, showing Nancy and Ronald Reagan, front centre, and Patti Davis, far right
Reagan family portrait,Patti is far right

Her body is a temple: Patti Davis, daughter of Ronald Reagan, poses nude for More magazine at 58 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment