Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Fare

I came across some entertaining idioms from countries other than the US that I thought might be enjoyable on a Friday. If you are from one of the countries I mention and I don't have the saying quite right please let me know!
I will start with my favorite: You're pedaling in sauerkraut,meaning you lost your train of thought. (French)
The next one up is from Australia: Flat out like a lizard drinking,meaning you're really busy (because lizards drink water really fast).
Norway is next up with:A raisin in the sausage,meaning something good getting even better.
I'll wrap up today where I started with France: She has long teeth,meaning she is ambitious. Apparently it started out meaning hungry and later became hungry for success.


No comments:

Post a Comment