Sunday, September 3, 2017

Blessing or Bane

I usually try vary the subjects of my daily posts both to keep myself engaged and to not bore people with the same genre but as it happens I stumbled on today's offering in the course of my online surfing and it is too warm outside to think of something else.
Researchers in China have discovered a method of growing stem cells from urine which solves the ethical problems of using stem cells from human embryos. Stem cells have proven useful in treating degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and for testing new drugs used on neurodegenerative diseases.  This also solves the immune rejection response but some of the cells harbor genetic defects that render them useless,still this seems like a huge step in the right direction.
Urine to brain cells

No comments:

Post a Comment