Monday, March 4, 2019

3 lb. Hairball

Call it morbid fascination but whenever I hear about people eating weird things I have to digest the details (pun intended). This time it wasn't glass or metal but an 8 year old girl in China had been eating her hair since she was 2. In February she fell ill with a stomach ache and her mother noticed her stomach was swollen so she took her to a doctor. The doctor performed a CAT scan which showed a massive lump  of hair with signs of calcification leaving him no option other than surgery. The habit of eating non-nutritional objects is an eating disorder known as pica. Totally off the subject but this girls name is FeiFei which made me wonder if it was pronounced like Fifi or FeeFee? I'm not sure if I can find that out from a translation site since it's a name.



No comments:

Post a Comment