Saturday, March 30, 2019

Nothing Exciting

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this but I was accidentally doing it right anyway. When recycling cans they don't want them flattened as the machines that sort them don't recognize their shape so they are sorted into non-recyclable items. This doesn't matter much in states or countries who have bottle/can deposits because they have to have their bar code intact to be sorted,so you would find out the first time you tried returning them smashed. Think of this as a PSA because I for one didn't know that it applies to all types of cans (including steel and tin) and thought I was just being lazy when I didn't flatten my cans. It seems like there was a school related can drive not long ago that was doing it by weight so maybe there are other buyers for cans that don't require them to be whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment