Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Ominous

Early this morning before it was fully light the USN Mercy passed in front on my house. It is hard to miss the white ship with the red crosses,but I couldn't quit wondering what it was doing going up the Columbia,probably to Portland. I looked up the ship and it had left Los Angeles on Friday after assisting hospitals there with people being treated for Covid 19. I immediately went to dark thoughts...is Portland/Vancouver expected to have a surge? but further examination of the Mercy's website says it is still underway and expected to arrive at their destination on September,23. So why the detour to Portland? Surely if they needed supplies there would be closer places to get them,but maybe it's good news that Portland has the supplies?  I hope to remember to follow up and find out where the final destination will be.

USNS Mercy (T-AH-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment