Friday, July 24, 2020

The Nose Knows

Today's post is of the accidental variety in that I was looking for something else totally unrelated,what can I say? Stuff happens. First I saw "The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents" and I thought,"That can't be right." And it isn't right,the real number is now 1 trillion,up considerably from only a few years ago when the estimated number was only 10,000. Then I was curious about where this new information put humans in regard to other well known sniffers but unfortunately I wasn't able to find any listings that agreed so I'm guessing either comparisons with the new information haven't been completed or the recent findings put all the previous finding out of whack. At any rate,breath deeply!
volunteer smelling scent


No comments:

Post a Comment