Saturday, March 20, 2021

I Call Your Name

 People are exercising their poetic license more and more when it comes to naming their children which can be amusing for the rest of us and I suppose it probably doesn't do any permanent damage to the kids,kind of  like the boy named Sue? In this latest example a nurse who was used to calling out patient names and getting them wrong because of her southern accent called Liam thinking she had that name right but no one responded. After calling the name several times a woman stands up and asks the nurse if she means Yum? The nurses spells L-I-A-M and the woman says yes,that's Yum,short for William. Personally I've always wondered why the nickname for Mark wasn't X. (not really)






1 comment:

  1. Hahahahah....Once had a friend from Mississippi. Asked him to say 'forward.' He said, 'foe-wod.' I then asked him to say 'Ford.' He said, 'foe-wod.'

    ReplyDelete