Friday, January 20, 2023

Cow Gas

 Fair warning,I do not watch FOX news so I have no idea how factual this piece is but thought it was interesting in a weird way. The way I understand it a farmer in Tennessee was interviewed about the idea of a French dairy business planning to have cows wearing masks and diapers to reduce methane by 2030. This is where things go downhill rapidly...anyone who has ever been around cows would know that either masks or diapers are not practical so I suspect that something was lost in the translation to put it nicely and not lay blame on anyone in particular. Another article on the cow/methane problem said that the larger part of the problem was from the cows belching which also made me scratch my head because I don't remember our cows belching much at all so I wonder if they are feeding them things that are making the problem worse? Another article suggested feeding the cows garlic would cut down on the bacteria that causes the belching but that study is still in progress. What the hell? Diapers on cows? 







No comments:

Post a Comment