Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dig In

I was afraid when a sewer project began on April Fools Day that it did not bode well for the outcome. I was trying to keep a positive attitude and reminded myself many times that at least they were supposed to have the project completed before tourist season and the traffic congestion that accompanies it arrived. Alas,it was not to be,only hours after the project started it ground to a halt at the discovery of trolley tracks that had been buried under the pavement more than 100 years. Now they are waiting for an archaeologist to submit a report to the state before work can be resumed. The optimistic Public Works Director expects work to restart Wednesday,but when I walked by today no one was at the site and I wonder if an archaeologist has been located to exam the find. If the state finds the tracks to be significant the project will have to either work around the tracks or they will be removed to an appropriate location. I took some pictures with my phone so the quality is not the greatest but you can get a look at the tracks that are holding up the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment