Friday, May 31, 2013

Bite the Bullet

The regular readers amongst you will recall my travel ordeals earlier in the month and the frustration at being singled out both ways in my travels. The first time for a deadly Kleenex the return trip it was for the ever dangerous and deadly unusual amount of change. You could describe my reaction to the news of a .22 caliber bullet being found by a flight attendant on a plane preparing for take off out of Portland today as considerably less than charitable. Then I started thinking about how it could have ended up on the flight with passengers going through the same security that I had been through and decided that it wasn't too likely. That left an airport employee being the one to drop/lose the bullet on the plane,so I started looking into what kind of security airport personel had to go through on a daily basis. Though the information varied widely for the most part they don't go through anything close to what the passengers go through,and though most of them have to have a thorough background check before they are hired,that doesn't mean much other than they haven't been caught up to that point. My question is what is the point of going over the passengers with a fine tooth comb if a cleaner, food service person or baggage handler can go ahead and put what ever they want to on a flight?
Proof once again...I am not paranoid,they really are out to get me!

No comments:

Post a Comment