Friday, May 24, 2013

The Hairy Eyeball

To bad I didn't run across this a few days ago when I did the other bee blog,but life is seldom as organized as I would like. First off you can't call a bee four eyes because they have five eyes,and they have hair on their eyes (makes my eyes water just thinking about it). I don't know if you could apply the word hirsute to a honey bee,but that is the general idea,natures way of maximizing every surface of the bee to collect the most pollen possible,the hairs also help the bee to fly by sensing wind direction and wind speed (they can fly about 15 mph). The allergy sufferers amongst you must be feeling an overwhelming need to rub your eyes about now! The honey bee is also the only insect that make food for humans,so forget about the hairy eyeballs and enjoy some honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment