Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dead Ends

In the past week I've had several dreams of people who are deceased. I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of information I could scare up about this. I will keep it brief as the amount of conflicting theories is quite sizable. Today I will just offer one view on this phenomenon.
Spiritual research finds there are psychological and spiritual reason for dreaming of the dead. Psychological reasons can be feelings of guilt or regret for not having spent time with the departed or other issues about that person.
Spiritual reasons can include the deceased needs help in the afterlife and is trying to make contact or is seeking revenge,though the amount seeking revenge or to frighten the dreamer is said to be only 30%. The reason the dead appear to you in dreams is the mind is more receptive to subtle messages in the sleep state than when all 5 senses are engaged in the waking state. It is also said the people who die suddenly are more likely to appear in your dreams than those who died after a prolonged illness.
I don't think this really answers my questions,but I thought it was an interesting theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment