Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Towel Nazi

If you can just hang with me one more day I promise I will get out of this rut and return to my normal well traveled rut!
This whole thing from start to finish had me nearly laughing because I kept thinking about the Seinfeld episode about the soup Nazi. The condo I was staying in last week is one I have stayed in many times and they offer a mid-week towel change but give you the option of using what is already in the condo. Since I was by myself I really didn't need to have them take the towels or leave more as there were plenty between the towel rack and linen closet. I had never been in the room in the years past when they came to do this service but wondered why they always changed the towels no matter what I did. You see there is a small sign in the bathroom that says: Everyday millions of gallons of water are used to wash towels that have only been used once. You Make The Choice: When we provide your midweek service and there is a towel on the rack this means, "I will use again." And a towel on the floor means,"Housekeeping please replace." My used towel was placed on the rack when the knock came on the door,I answered and told the person I don't need any additional towels...she smiled and stepped around me and went into the bathroom to gather the towels. I mentally shrugged and thought,"oh well,I tried to do the right thing." I wasn't sure when she had left because she had propped the door open when she came in,and luckily I had been there because she never came back to close the door. When I went into the bathroom to observe her handiwork I realized not only had she taken the towels she had also taken the bath mat,so now not only did I get towels I didn't need or want, I had to use extra towels in place of the bath mat...maybe next time I will simply wrestle the towel Nazi back out the door and sidestep the whole problem.
A Maid Carrying a Stack of Towels Royalty Free Clipart Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment