Thursday, May 2, 2013

Real Life Newman?

I think I have the right show,but if I don't it doesn't really matter as it isn't essential to the story. What I am referring to is an episode of Seinfeld where Newman,or maybe he spells it Neuman? (the postal worker) has been dumping all the mail from his route in a storage unit instead of delivering it. A German postal worker was accused by his fellow workers of throwing the mail away,because he finished his route more quickly. As it progressed into a court hearing he had worked out a quicker more efficient way to do his route. His immediate supervisor knew in part about his time saving methods and admitted they were logical,but were not within the accepted rules,so she had informally tolerated them. The court case was dismissed,and it isn't known whether he would have to conform to the less efficient way of working.
Stop me if I'm wrong,but maybe if the post office (in the US at least) would take a more efficient approach to their delivery service they wouldn't be in financial straits. Okay,off the soap box for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment