Monday, March 3, 2014

Duty

Duty is one of those words that no matter who is saying it,it always sounds less than pleasant,or maybe that is just me? Go ahead, say it several times and see if you find it pleasing to your ear and let me know what you think. Now to get on with the subject at hand,this morning as I was getting ready to leave the house I nearly gave myself heart failure when I realized it was March 3rd,the reason for this self inflicted fright was that I have Jury Duty this month and the 3rd is the first day for my group. I dropped what I was doing and found the notice and read it through again only to discover that I didn't need to do anything until this afternoon after 3, I breathed a sigh of relief and out the door I went. I wanted to let you readers know that this may interfere with my ability to post a blog on a daily basis so you wouldn't be left wondering why  I had nothing to say. I do have a plan in place and it has worked for me before...all a person needs to do to lessen their chances of being chosen is to report for duty dressed like a bum (for me that doesn't take much extra effort!). They always seem to choose the jurors that are dressed nicely which leaves me off the hook. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind it if I did have to serve but I have been called 3 different times and the one time I did have to serve I was ready to pull my hair out (or someone else's hair) within the first 30 minutes. Most of the other jurors had sidetracked what the trial was about and were busy drawing a diagram of how the defendant had left the parking lot of a convenience store,which had nothing to do with the case. I finally spoke up and pointed out that fact and we were able to move on swiftly from that point to find him guilty and go our own ways. Wish me luck!
jury : Jurors during trial

1 comment:

  1. Thats why you need to serve. I too have had that happen. Also had to interupt a school principal trying to sway the jury by talking about how much trouble the girl AND her brother had in school, which had NOTHING to do with the case. I really like the grande Jury. Thats my fave. I like to say..its a great way to really get to know your neighbors.hahha
    Kate on Pine Creek

    ReplyDelete