Saturday, March 15, 2014

Gauging My Education

This may sound terribly naive but only recently did I realize that the big earrings called gauges are actually holes as big as they look like. I had erroneously assumed it was just an earring made to look like you had a big hole in your ear...in my defense I couldn't imagine why anyone would want a hole as big as their earlobe,or in some instances bigger than their earlobe. I asked a young man about his piercing/stretching and he told me they were 1 inch and it had taken 4 years to stretch them to that size (anything over 10 mm size is beyond the point of return size wise). He also told me about a guy he knew that was up to 5 inch,needless to say I was stunned. It seems to me that one would have to start out with a large earlobe to get it to stretch to 5 inches,I am guessing that all that is left at that point is a thin ribbon of your original earlobe. Historically stretching/ piercings date back to ancient times and apparently I didn't get the memo that it was back in style,but hey! what's another hole in your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment