Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fun Face

In the past I have posted blogs about various beauty treatments from around the world that seemed out of the norm. One such treatment involved lighting your face on fire,another used snail or maybe it was slug slime as an active ingredient. Today's offering is another odd (odd to me) treatment for the face. Uguisu no fun (literal translation "nightingale feces"),the bird droppings have been used in facials since ancient Japanese times,it has also been called the Geisha Facial. The Geisha used lead and zinc in their face powder which caused chronic skin problems until they discovered the nightingale feces facial. The feces was used not only to remove makeup but to brighten,heal and retexturize the skin due to the natural enzymes it contained.The bird poop facial is now available in several major US cities,and I would be more likely to try sanitized bird poop on my face than I would slug slime or fire,but I do not feel compelled to try it at this time!
The Geisha Facial®, aka Bird Poop Facial, at Shizuka New York Day Spa uses powdered nightingale excrement to brighten and cleanse the skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment