Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Keep an Eye Out

Another serendipitous happening to report today, I am reading a book about a man and his seeing eye dog who worked in Tower 1 of the World Trade Center on 9/11 and managed to make their way to safety from the 78th floor,then I happened across an article about a seeing eye cat who helped his blind dog companion navigate...but wait there's more! Not only was there a cat who guided his canine friend,there are multiple cases of cats as seeing eye guides for people. Life magazine featured a story in 1947 about a woman and her Persian seeing eye cat. More recently a man who lost his sight due to diabetes in 2003 and his cat who guides him around the house by meowing at him. I was pleased to find some cats stepping up to the plate other than at feeding time! My two cats are more the type to expect me to look out for them,that or they are purposely trying to trip me so they can feast on my crippled body once their diabolical plan succeeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment