Friday, July 25, 2014

Rearranging

I am to the point of needing new living room furniture,I haven't actually shopped for it yet but I was thinking something cat proof would be nice. I mention this because earlier in the week the news ran a piece on Roombots furniture. I am certain I won't be purchasing this robotic furniture which moves,self assembles and self re-configures. A one time stool can change itself into a chair,or table,a set of chairs can connect to make a sofa. The idea is for assistance to the elderly or disabled and is designed to be multifunctional and assistive. In my opinion it is a nightmare...imagine getting up from a nights sleep and entering a room only to trip over something that rearranged itself during the night. I had a sectional sofa years ago and didn't care for it at all,so Roombots are definitely not on my short list.
Rendering of a RB room
Table equipped with RB modulesRB table.RB chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment