Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dog Gone

There really are museums for most everything a person could imagine and yet I continue to be surprised by some of the ones I come upon. Today's post is mainly about the Dog Collar Museum in Kent,England located in Leeds Castle. The castle itself looks like it would take days if not more to tour and I can only guess what other treasures could be found inside its walls. The Dog Collar Museum showcases doggy neck wear spanning five centuries and in case there is anyone other than myself that didn't know why spiked collars were invented they were to protect the necks of the hunting dogs that wore them from the animals they pursued. To wrap up today's post I thought it might be appropriate to include Chicago's Shit Fountain,a giant bronze coil of dog feces meant as both a tribute and a reminder to pick up after your pet.
Shit Fountain



No comments:

Post a Comment