Saturday, December 13, 2014

Time's a Wasting

As I  showered this morning I was wondering how long the average person spent in a lifetime showering/bathing (182 days and 12 hours). The next thought wasn't of anything nearly as pleasant as a shower,but was brought on by thinking about the time wasted doing less than pleasant things...like being on hold. I tried to talk myself out of looking it up as I knew it wasn't going to make me happy but I couldn't resist the urge to know. One moment please...your call is important, blah,blah,blah. What a crock! If your call was of the least interest to anyone a person would not have to spend 43 days of their lifetime on hold,and let's not even thing about waiting in lines! Does calling businesses accomplish anything? short of making the consumer more annoyed and possibly raising their blood pressure? Doubtful,but short of assuming ramming speed there really aren't many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment