Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Really Wrong Number

While I was working on yesterday's post the phone rang,I got up and checked the caller ID to find the call was coming from Staten Island,NY. I turned around to resume my work about the time the recorder kicked in and was surprised to hear a voice (English as a second language) informing me that it was the FBI calling and that if I didn't immediately return their call the Sheriff would be coming to arrest me shortly...I nearly choked on my laughter! These scammers had so many things wrong with their operation it was humorous,first of all why would the FBI or for that matter any law enforcement agency call to say they were coming to arrest a person?? Secondly I would expect a government worker to speak clear English,and why Staten Island?? Everyone knows FBI headquarters is in Virginia and if they weren't calling from that location wouldn't Portland have been the next logical choice? Never mind I've never done anything interesting enough to have the FBI calling. The bottom line is there are people who live their lives dictated by fear and that is just the type of person they hope to frighten into sending them money to clear the matter up,so if you have ever taken anything I have posted seriously take this as the gospel and inform others so people can be spared from being manipulated by these scheming vultures!
Federal Bureau of Investigation

No comments:

Post a Comment