Monday, March 27, 2017

Framed Art and Pigskins

It's funny how things line up in a person's life,for instance I was reading about how tattoos work some of it was things that I mostly knew but a lot was new information. With that said I'm not sure how Rik Reinking will get his moneys worth with the tattoo he bought. The work of art by Wim Delvoye (also known for tattooing pigs)  is on a 40 year old man who agreed to be skinned after he died so the tattoo could be framed and displayed plus he agreed to display his tattoo in museums at least three times a year. If that's okay with both of them I don't have a problem with it,but from what I read the color is more under the skin that on the surface otherwise it would wear off in a matter of months. So how would a person go about skinning and preserving a tattoo?  I guess this is the part where I go back and do some more research.
Tim, 2006-8, by Wim Delvoye
Tim Steiner during his first stint at Mona in 2012
Tim Steiner being tattooed by Wim Delvoye
Tattooed pigs
Tim Steiner at the Louvre in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment