Monday, September 2, 2019

Creepy or Cool

In regards to the sculptures of five hoodie clad men on the lawn of the Laguna Beach City Hall I lean more to the creepy side than the cool and I give the credit for that to the hoodies. The artist (Mark Jenkins) has displayed works in several European cities without negative reaction,though the recent display hasn't went over to well. The hoodie men are supposed to represent the global warming crises,in fact one of the men is seen holding a hot dog up to the sun to cook. The other activities include horseshoes,a man vacuuming the grass,and a man shooting an apple off another man's head with a plunger for ammo. I suppose the old adage,"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" would be appropriate here.
tn-dpt-me-mark-jenkins-public-artwork-3.JPG
tn-dpt-me-mark-jenkins-public-artwork-7.JPG
tn-dpt-me-mark-jenkins-public-artwork-1.JPG
tn-dpt-me-mark-jenkins-public-artwork-2.JPG
Hooded sculptures drawing mixed reviews in California city

No comments:

Post a Comment