Thursday, June 24, 2021

Entitlement

 Yesterday as I was getting ready to leave my house someone had parked in front of my garage door even though the door was up as I had been out earlier that morning. I had no idea who the car belonged to so I got lucky when the first neighbor I asked was the one with the parking offender. It was a young girl who seemed surprised that parking in front of someone's garage would be a problem. She moved her car to the middle of the road and went back to the neighbor's house but not without giving me the stink eye. Here's my take away from that scenario...with any rite of passage,such as getting a driver's license a person should also need to pass an entitlement test to determine if they feel they should be awarded more rights than the rest of the population,such as parking where ever they wish or not obeying other rules of the road. I was polite about the whole thing but in retrospect I feel like maybe I should have went a little Karen on her,then again she would have assumed she did nothing to deserve it. End of rant. 






No comments:

Post a Comment