Saturday, December 4, 2021

Spiders and Snakes

 In the past I've posted pieces about people freaking out about spiders in their homes and rather than taking a logical approach such as calling a service to deal with the problem have taken blow torches and other implements of destruction to the spiders ending with their homes on fire. Today's post is a new twist on unwanted guests in the home,snakes. While I'm no fan of snakes I'm also certain I would keep my wits enough to realize that placing coals around the basement to smoke the creatures out would not be a good plan. When all was said and done this Maryland,USA homeowner had done $1 million of damage but was still unsure if the snakes were gone. I was curious why the snakes were in his home since I was thinking they should be hibernating. I was halfway right snakes go into brumation which is a partial dormancy/sleep to save energy until spring. Now I wonder if the homeowner had a rodent infestation that the snakes were trying to clear up before they took a long nap. 





No comments:

Post a Comment