Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day Tripping

Yesterday I was on the road for several hours and when I returned home didn't have a chance to put a blog together. I really don't enjoy driving like I did at one time,but an excess of anything is bound to wear a person down. My mind tends to keep itself entertained no matter what other task I might be performing,this also holds true for driving. One of these stray thoughts was why hadn't we ever had a president with the first name of Donald? It is a fairly common name,more so than say Millard,Rutherford,or Ulysses. I am not suggesting that as a country we rush out and elect someone for the sole purpose of their name being Donald,but I don't suppose it would be any worse criteria than what has elected some presidents. Another thought was if God made man in his image,who did he use as a model for woman?
Then there is the ever fascinating traffic puzzle. Every one is happily cruising along at 70 mph and it is like as a collective mind they all think,"Oh,this is going way to smoothly. We had better all put on our brakes and slow to a stop and crawl along for a few miles,just to please the traffic gods." I am not joking about this! It happened both ways on the trip for no apparent reason,as I was creeping along with the masses I figured there was an accident or another valid reason for the hold up some where up ahead,but there was never a reason that I could see. Oh well,at least I didn't have to be anywhere at a particular time.

No comments:

Post a Comment