Friday, September 20, 2013

Invisibility

Most people consider at some time in their lives how handy it would be to have the power of invisibility. I'm here to tell you it isn't all that you may have imagined,in fact most of the time it is downright annoying. I have heard throughout my life that women of a certain age become invisible,especially to the male of the species but I have found not only am I invisible to males (mostly younger) I am no longer visible to approximately 90% of the population. It has become so powerful that it is starting to effect my surroundings. Earlier this year I arranged to have my house painted once the weather was suitable but apparently they were unable to find my house again to start the job due to visibility problems? In the last year as my image grows dimmer people fail to see me on the sidewalks,often bumping into me and a couple of times nearly running over me in crosswalks. To drive the point home while I was out for a walk yesterday a gal hit and run my vehicle,when caught and confronted she answered "I thought it was a curb." Maybe this is the beginning of the end? my image will continue to grow dimmer until it ceases to exist at all? But to look on the lighter side,an invisible person no longer needs to concern themselves with their appearance (since they are no longer seen),if you are inclined to do something disgusting in public,like picking your nose...go right ahead! They can't see you anyway! For any of you who doubt my sincerity on this matter,please reference the photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment