Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Chicken Addiction Explained

Fair warning! If you are addicted to Costco chicken you may not want to read today's post. I have been telling myself it is the price that makes me buy the delicious rotisserie chicken,it's hard to go wrong on a whole chicken for $4.99 especially considering you can't buy a raw whole chicken for that price. Unfortunately I happened to read an article about how the chicken is prepared and even though Dr. Oz says if you don't eat the skin it is one of the better processed foods you can eat, but the skin is half the attraction,at least for me. The chicken is pre-seasoned (processed) in factories and shipped to stores ready to be put on a skewer and cooked.   The seasonings include sugar,salt and other ingredients but the skin has the dreaded MSG along with more sugar and other natural flavors. Oh well,you can rest assured that I will continue to purchase the chicken until death do us part!



No comments:

Post a Comment