Thursday, April 26, 2018

Cubicle Prep?

After reading about the "cry closet" in a Utah college I was taken aback by the thought that college age kids would need or use something that would seem more at home in a kindergarten classroom. I guess I was thinking that people of that age group were more like the fierce bunch of kids that spoke out after the Parkland School shooting,then again I don't know as though anyone but the designer of the "cry closet" actually thought one was needed. The idea behind the closet was a place to be able to relax,cry if needed,calm down and in general physically remove yourself from the stress. It is basically an art installation meant to spark debate and has accomplished that task admirably. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if this generation was simply cut from a different cloth than the generation I grew up in.



No comments:

Post a Comment