Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Insanity Loop

 Dealing with automated answering systems rarely turns out the way the caller intends,for example I've been trying to get FedEx to pickup a package to go back to Spectrum that contains the old router and modem. Their website wasn't giving me a confirmation after I entered the info from the labels and sometimes said the tracking number was invalid so I call and started wading through the automated system which of course has no option for what I want,plus they always want all your info just to take up your time since they apparently never pass it on should you get to talk to a real person because the first thing the real person wants to know is what you just told the automaton. But wait! it gets worse,the automaton asks for the tracking # which I repeat 4 times but she repeats it back incorrectly all 4 times then hangs up,I call back and say,"speak to an agent" and repeat that every time she asks what I'm calling about,she hangs up again,I call back and enter the tracking # on the keypad and she promptly hangs up. I ended up calling Spectrum where I talked to a real person and they are going to send a technician to pick up their old parts so at least I won't be charged but what a waste of time,both mine and the technicians and don't even ask me about FedEx. End of rant. 





No comments:

Post a Comment