Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cave Soaps

 What is it about soap operas that makes a person stay with them for years? I know that is what brought me back to read more of this series is to see what happened next,and though I am over halfway now I am still wondering why I came back for more.I thought I had had enough of Jean Auel and her Earth Children series by the end of the fourth book,but with the Kindle I couldn't help but download  the fifth in the six part series from the library. She definitely has built a strong character in the heroine of the stories,and in her mate and that is what brought me back for more. The stories are set 25,000 years ago and have been three decades in the writing of them. Though most of the descriptions are unusual the first time you read them,after reading the same ones over and over they get a bit redundant and that seems to be the theme she sticks with through all of the books,I guess it is her way of justifying her years of research. I am already on the waiting list for the sixth and final book and though there are rumors that there might be another one,it will be a long time for me to want to read another, if I decide to read it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment