Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strange Ways

I enjoy trying to learn something new everyday,sometimes the things I learn come in a straightforward way,other times the route is not so clearly defined. The new thing I learned today might not be new to everyone,but it was to me. I was watching Cars 2 and the first race takes place in Towkyo (Tokyo) Japan,part of the race is across the Rainbow Bridge. I thought it had to be part of a pun used in animated movies,but I made a mental note to check it out later. My thought was "Who would willingly cross the Rainbow Bridge?" as that is another way to say die.
The Rainbow Bridge not only exists it is one of the most famous bridges in Tokyo. It is a suspension bridge with two decks,eight lanes and one pedestrian walkway. The bridge has two massive towers that are white to match the skyline. The wires that support the bridge are decorated with solar powered lamps of red,green and white. Thus it was given the name Rainbow Bridge.
rainbow bridge, japan

No comments:

Post a Comment