Sunday, June 3, 2012

Why Is That?

I have been thinking...okay I can almost hear the collective groan but just bare with me,or not, as always it is your choice. Why is it that people all want to pretty much be the same? Instead of embracing their unique looks and ways, most people try to match with the current trends and fashions. I can understand how it works with teenagers and even young adults who may not have figured out exactly who they are, or who they want to be so they just follow the lead of whoever is setting the trend,but how does it extend into adulthood? Is that saying that those people never grew comfortable with who they are, so they are still trying to find a way to fit in? Or is it all a matter of programing with commercials and magazine ads dictating what to wear and how to use make-up,clothes and hair dye? I am nearly positive it is not a product of my imagination as everywhere I go when I look around and observe people they are all going for the same look,and less face one simple thing, the same look is never a good look for all people. Just another one of those questions I have that will probably go unanswered and always serve to mystify me. Maybe I just shouldn't think so much,but so far I have yet to find an off switch for that particular feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment