Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Name Game

If you end up mentally singing the "Name Game" the rest of the day I take full responsibility. What I was looking for in yesterday's blog was stories about re- branding that went horribly wrong. As it turned out there wasn't nearly what I had hoped for. I had heard that Enron was originally Enteron,which means intestine or in some variations,male anus. As time passed the original name Enteron seems to have been more apt.
The interesting thing I did find out is most logo or name changes are done to try to disguise a company after a bad turn of events,though some changes are simply an attempt to update their image. The changes can cost millions or billions of dollars and profits are seldom reflected with the changes. It makes a person wonder why they don't just stay with the classics.

1919-1937

1937-1961

1961-2003

2003-present

Coca-Cola Live positively(tm)

Enron Logo.svg

No comments:

Post a Comment