Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Last Words

Today's offering is humorous epitaphs followed by epitaphs for some famous folks.
"I told you I was sick!"

The children of Israel wanted bread
And the Lord sent them manna,
Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna.

We planted him raw
He was quick on the trigger,
But slow on the draw.

Here lies Johnny Yeast
Pardon me for not rising.

Here lies an Atheist
all dressed up and no place to go.

The following are people whose names you may recognize:
"The best is yet to come." Frank Sinatra
"That's all Folks!" Mel Blanc (voice of Porky Pig)
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
"I told you so,you damned fools." H.G. Well
"There goes the neighborhood." Rodney Dangerfield
"I will not be right back after this message." Merv Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment