Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Out My Window

The bridge in these pictures is what I see when I look out my front windows. I jokingly tell people I bought the bridge along with my house,a package deal. The bridge and I have a long history as I used to drive across it every weekday and knew it was only a matter of time before a strong gust of wind would catch an empty truck and blow it over. I had been on two wheels when a particularly strong gust hit my vehicle on one rugged crossing. Yesterday morning around 10 a.m. a hapless driver of an empty 53 foot semi-trailer finally proved my prediction. There were no serious injuries,but the bridge was closed until early evening.
The view from the Oregon State Police cruiser as it responds to a semi-truck rollover on Interstate 101 at the Astoria Bridge Nov. 19, 2012. (Oregon State Police)The view from the Oregon State Police cruiser as it responds to a semi-truck rollover on Interstate 101 at the Astoria Bridge Nov. 19, 2012. (Oregon State Police)At the scene of an overturned semi-truck on Highway 101 at the Astoria Bridge on Nov. 19, 2012. (Oregon State Police)At the scene of a semi-truck rollover on the Astoria bridge on U.S. Highway 101 Monday morning.  This image was taken from the center span at 10:48 a.m. (ODOT camera screenshot)

No comments:

Post a Comment