Monday, February 2, 2015

An Amazing Vessel

Today's post is one of my accidental ones,a little something I came across while searching for something else.
The following are some interesting facts about the human body. The average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill two swimming pools. The muscles that control your eyes contract about 100,000 times a day,the equivalent of giving your legs a workout by walking 50 miles. Over the course of your lifetime,you'll shed about 40 lbs. of skin (more for people with certain skin conditions). Your brain uses about 20% of your oxygen and caloric intake. If you've ever wondered why your stomach doesn't digest itself,it's because stomach cells are created faster than they are destroyed. I saved my favorite for last...people who dream frequently are correlated with having a higher I.Q.!
I have earmarked tomorrow as the day to tackle my taxes,so I may or may not have a post,depending on how much time I end up devoting to that task.
1.) The average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill 2 swimming pools.
13.) Why doesn't your stomach digest itself? That's because your stomach cells are created faster than they can be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment