Saturday, February 14, 2015

Only Fourth?

I recently read about the Infinity Tower located in the Dubai Marina and wanted more information. Upon completion the tower was renamed Cayan Tower,it stands 310 meters (75 stories) and looks like a geometric puzzle. The tower was built with a 90 degree twist resulting in a futuristic helix shape. The shape of the building reduces wind force on the tower and I wonder if the design would also make it more stable during earthquakes? The helix shape was accomplished by rotating each floor 1.2 degrees. To my untrained eye I consider the design genius,but it was only awarded fourth place at the annual Emporis Skyscraper Awards,so what do I know? Note the building to the left of the Cayan Tower...is it just me or does it look like a giant's razor/hair clipper?
Dubai’s twisting Cayan Tower named among world’s best new skyscrapers


No comments:

Post a Comment