Wednesday, September 30, 2015

All Thumbs Allowed

When I read about the Quedgeley,England garden show permitting contestants to enter store bought produce I was sure I must have misread it or maybe skipped a key sentence,but nope I had it right from the start. Apparently since the show's beginning in 1972 interest or perhaps space for gardening has waned. The only way to salvage the show this year was to allow entrants to show veggies they had purchased otherwise there wouldn't have been enough entries to have a competition.  The turnout was still poor and the organizers agreed it was time to rethink the event. Rather than spend too much time trying to figure out the problem my suggestion is they change the name: Green Thumbs vs Brown Thumbs Wrestling Event.
Organisers of Quedgeley Show so short of entrants they allow contestants to submit marrows, carrots and cauliflowers that had not grown

No comments:

Post a Comment