Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Stuck in the Middle

Trying to make some sense of it all,but I can see it makes no sense at all. That seems to pretty much sum up my thoughts on the prescription drug racket,I quit using the eye drops that the Dr. prescribed for my red eyes and blurry vision to see if regular eye drops would work just as well,but after a couple of days it was back to the blurs early in the day so I called in a renewal. It isn't so much the cost which comes out to roughly $345 an ounce,but more the reason they cost that much. Big Pharma would like everyone to believe it is due to research,but let me tell you a story about a Canadian drug company. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International bought the rights to 2 already approved heart drugs,which had been priced  fairly before the sale. Valeant raised the price by 212% on one and 525% on the other. When asked about the abrupt raise their spokesperson stated,"Our duty is to our shareholders and to maximize the value".  That my friends is how Big Pharma feels about the people that depend on their drugs,they are only secondary to the almighty dollar. I can only hope it comes back to bite them,and of course the US is no better when it comes down to the greed factor.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International


No comments:

Post a Comment