Monday, April 18, 2016

Burn Baby Burn

Just when you think you've heard it all...how about a virtual cremation? From what it sounds like to me it is pretty much the reverse of a floatation tank,although the idea behind both is time for reflection. One more or less simulates the womb before birth and the other you final moments with your physical body. In the virtual cremation you lie down in a mock up of a cremation chamber where simulated flames pass over you,when you are through cooking you make your way through a small circular hole to experience rebirth and join you friends. As a person who is claustrophobic you can rest assured I will not be experiencing either of these while I'm still living,in fact that is one of the reasons I want to be cremated,the idea of a coffin makes death beyond my level of comfort!
Simulated cremation chamber
Mock-up cremation chamber in Shanghai, China
'Rebirth' in China attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment