Friday, April 22, 2016

Is It Just Me?

Yesterday evening I was out on my front porch reading when someone came thundering up my stairs. I wasn't expecting anyone,the paper had already been delivered and nothing else was anticipated. It turned out to be the eldest of the new neighbor's kids,I would use his name but since I haven't been introduced to anyone in their family yet I don't know their names and the folks are both gone more than they are home so I haven't had a chance to introduce myself either. This boy (maybe around 16?) wants to know if it is okay to go upstairs and retrieve his drone which he crashed on my widows walk. Not knowing this kid from Adam (so not wanting him roaming around my inside house) I said I would go get it and for him to go around back. I get upstairs and open the door and the father and two other brothers are all standing there staring at my roof,I look around and don't see his drone then he presses one of the buttons on the controller and it buzzes that annoying mosquito sound but is nowhere to be seen. Then the dad says he thinks it is in my gutter and do I have a ladder they could use to get it out? Stop me here if I'm being a bitch but the kid crashes HIS DRONE on my house and I'm supposed to either get it for him or supply him with the tools he needs to get it? What was he doing flying the damn thing around my house anyway? End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment