Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Have a Heart

Have you ever wondered why jellyfish are considered animals when they lack both a brain and a heart? It seems like animals of that sort would be called something other than animals,but what do I know? Before I totally stray from the subject at hand with other things I will now commence with today's post. I learned something new today on one of my trivia sites,earthworms have 5 hearts except they aren't technically hearts they are arches but basically perform the same function as a heart. Octopus and squid have 3 hearts and there have been a few humans who had a second heart added in a surgery know as piggybacking which enables the transplant to take over the main burden allowing the first heart to heal in some cases.

Image result for earthworms have 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment